Board of Directors
The Board is collectively responsible to shareholders for Etalon’s continuing success, providing leadership to the business and bringing an independent judgement on all matters of strategy, performance, resources, standards of conduct and accountability. To assist with this process, the Board has delegated specific responsibilities to the Audit Committee, Remuneration and Nomination Committee and Strategy Committee and to the Company’s executive management team.
In addition to the Board Committees, regular meetings of the Group’s senior management are held which are attended by the members of the Board. These meetings consider, discuss and agree on the Group’s prospective projects, pipeline, buildings under construction, sales and cash flows.
In addition, in order to clarify the Board’s governance responsibilities, the Directors adopted a Management Policy which sets out a schedule of matters reserved for its approval as well as the roles and responsibilities of the Directors. The matters specifically reserved for the Board are set out in writing and include:
- To approve Etalon Group’s long-term objectives and corporate strategy;
- To approve material acquisitions, disposal, investment, contract, expenditure or other transactions;
- To approve the interim and final results, the annual report and accounts, including the corporate governance statement, the dividend policy and declaration of interim and recommendation of final dividend;
- To approve, following recommendation from the Remuneration and Nomination Committees as appropriate, appointments to the Board, CEO, and CFO of the Company, committee membership;
- To review, following recommendation from the Audit Committee the effectiveness of our internal control and risk management systems; and
- To approve Etalon’s corporate governance policies and procedures and set our values and standards.