At every stage of our construction projects, we strive to limit our impact on the environment, minimise energy costs and resource consumption, and provide future residents with a comfortable and environmentally friendly living space. When designing, building and operating residential facilities, our professionals are guided by strict legal regulations and recommendations in the field of environmental protection, while also applying best practices and the latest innovations.
2020 Sustainable development results:
reduction in construction waste from 203 ths tonnes in 2019 to 168 ths tonnes in 2020
of construction waste recycled
year-on-year reduction in fuel consumption during construction in 2020
year-on-year reduction in electricity consumption during construction in 2020
Strict compliance with environmental requirements and recommendations
- We have been implementing an environmental policy for over a decade: first adopted in 2008, our Management Policy on Quality and the Environment was revised in 2017 in connection with the transition to new versions of the ISO standards on quality management and on environmental management. Our policy complies with Russia’s strict rules and regulations on waste management at construction sites and other regulations on environmental protection.
- Our projects undergo a comprehensive environmental impact assessment at every stage. During the development of a project, we conduct engineering and environmental surveys and assess noise levels, air quality and soil quality. Project documentation reflects measures to limit any environmental impact in both the construction phase and during a facility’s ongoing use.
- During construction, measures are taken to prevent environmental pollution, including land restoration, measures to protect the air and water resources and noise reduction, among others. During construction, the Company does not use water from natural reservoirs, instead drawing water entirely from the urban water supply network. In order to reduce the amount of dust removed from construction sites, the wheels of all vehicles are washed before leaving. The Company’s waste management expenses came to RUB 13.5 million for 2020.
- Once construction is completed, projects are tested for compliance with regulations on heating, ventilation, microclimate and indoor air quality, natural and artificial lighting and insolation, noise, vibration, ultrasound and infrasound levels, electric and electromagnetic fields and radiation. We also pay attention to the grounds surrounding our residential facilities, including landscaping and beautification of outdoor areas, as well as equipping recreation areas, sports facilities and playgrounds for children.
- The equipment and materials used in the construction of Etalon Group facilities comply with all applicable sanitary and ergonomic requirements. We use modern, environmentally friendly materials for the decor in lobbies, corridors and stairways. Ceiling, wall and floor coatings, as well as insulation materials, paints, adhesives and sealants give off only low levels of emissions of volatile organic compounds. Energy-efficient LED lights that do not contain mercury or other harmful substances are used to illuminate common areas.
- Etalon Group strictly complies with requirements for environmental protection. To monitor risks and prevent violations, we also conduct our own inspections of facilities for compliance with environmental regulations. This allows us to avoid fines and non-monetary penalties for non-compliance with environmental regulations.