Focused strategic approach
We have a track record of successfully executing against our strategy. By staying true to our core competencies, we have built a business with a strong reputation, solid financial position and excellent operational performance. Already a leader in our home base of St Petersburg, we have now established a strong foothold in Moscow.
There are five key components to our strategy:
#1 Focus on core strength of home building
- We concentrate on developing medium-scale and large-scale residential complexes in the affordable “comfort class” price segment.
- We adapt to changes in market demand by responding to feedback from our extensive sales network and tailoring future projects to match.
- We maintain a vertically integrated business model to control timing, quality and costs.
- We have our own in-house design institute, which helps us to develop projects tailored specifically to Etalon’s market segment and capabilities.
#2 Target key markets of St Petersburg and Moscow
- We intend to remain the leading property developer in St Petersburg and Moscow Metropolitan Area.
- We have firmly established our presence in Moscow , where we continue to increase our market share.
- We continue to grow our national sales network to expand our customer base across Russia and fuel sustainable growth.
#3 Disciplined management of landbank
- We plan to maintain enough land reserves to fulfil our needs over the medium term.
- We maintain landbank sufficient until 2022, and are acquiring projects to ensure expansion capacity.
- We do not hold on to projects for future development, but look to minimise the time between acquisition and development.
- We seek to enhance returns by reinvesting capital efficiently.
#4 Prudent attitude to financing
- We focus on pre-sales as a key source of funding for the construction process.
- We have a conservative financial strategy.
- We aim to maintain a low level of leverage, measured by our debt-to-EBITDA ratio.
#5 Maintain strong cash-collections
- We continue to expand our brand recognition by investing in our sales and marketing operations as well as construction.
- We emphasise customer service to create positive perceptions and enhance our reputation – a virtuous circle.
- We generate sales in large part thanks to our reputation for consistently providing products of the highest quality.
By adhering to our clear strategic priorities, we have provided our shareholders with consistent growth in new contract sales and portfolio value. Since 2010 Etalon Group's new sales have grown at a steady pace every year. We ended the year with a secure liquidity position: net debt as of 31 December 2017 was RUB 9.7 billion. Our portfolio includes 475 ths sqm of completed & available for sale property, out of which completed & available for sale apartments account for 210 ths sqm – a considerable reserve that requires no additional costs to generate revenue from sale.